[Steppes] Gulf Wars

Liz Wilson ewilson618 at tx.rr.com
Tue Jan 24 07:20:30 PST 2012

Greetings!  My husband tells me that we ARE planning on going to Gulf Wars
 (although we are still trying to get our transportation worked out). Our van needs
some serious repairs and we are concerned about overloading it again like
we have for the last two years.

 My understanding
is that the MAILED registrations are due very soon, l
ice by the end of the month,
and the ACCEPS closes in
February so anyone going needs to get busy!

Who out there is planning on going and camping with the Steppes?
There is a discussion about this on Facebook as well.

 I am willing to try to coordinate a central kitchen area with hot water,
breakfast stuff etc. and a small meal plan to cover some snacks and dinners
for those who are interested.  I am assuming that this is part of the Camp Mom's
role and I'm happy to do that.

However, we can't be on site early and we probably can't leave until Saturday.
The Barony is in need of someone to organize the land and be there early to
tell everyone where to camp.  I am happy to help take this over once we get
there.

Is there anyone who is planning on going who might be able to do this?

Other ideas:  I'd love to get our fire pit there so we can have a fire pit area.
I thought our set up last year was awesome!  There was a pavilion by the road,
a kitchen area behind the pavilion, and a nice fire pit area.  But we don't have
a trailer or a truck, so I don't know if I can bring the fire pit unless someone
offers some hauling space.  We are probably coming in our existing vehicle(s)
or renting something like a suburban if the van's repairs are too extensive.
If anyone has a better idea for us (like a good place from which we can rent a
truck with a trailer hitch AND a trailer), please let me know.  We will have
FOUR people (including two 12 year olds) and they take up just as much
space as two adults.

Christianna