[Steppes] (no subject)

Archery Marshal archery at steppes.ansteorra.org
Thu Mar 22 10:18:52 PDT 2012

Greetings Populace of Steppes,

It has been an interesting month, so far, for the Barony of Steppes. We had
our site hacked.  Our awesome Webminister got it back up and running and
looking awesome, so if you get a chance, please thank John for the awesome
work he did on the site. It just looks wonderful and fantastic.

 We also got the new Pavilion painted, and it also looks fabulous. If you
get a chance to see Honor please thank her for being gracious enough to
give up her free time to draw the devices, so that it was easier for us to
paint it on March 17th.

Now all we need is to make poles and get the other side to be painted and
done, and then we can show off how fantastic our Barony really can be.  That
isn’t really a problem to begin with, but people in other regions of the
Kingdom just need to be reminded.

Layla has also been gracious enough to volunteer to make some new event
signs for the Barony.  When we get ready to do this let us all offer our
time to help her.  I am not sure how many signs need to be done, but let us
all offer to help when the time comes.

If you were not at the meeting on Monday we did discuss a lot of things,
and mostly it did focus on our up and coming Event of Warlord in May. We
still need two crucial areas to be filled, and that is going to be Gate
Coordinator and the Hospitality/Water Bearing.  If you would like to help,
one of these areas might be a really good start.

The Gate Coordinator position will require you having to have had the Gate
class if you do choose to take on this role. This is going to involve
setting up gate, getting the volunteers, and collecting and recording
money.

The Hospitality position will require maintaining the hospitality tent and
tending to supply of water for hospitality.  The great thing is that you
will be able to have minions…I mean helpers with water bearing.

If you want to take on these roles please contact our Autocrat, Conrad, at:

garylkoehler at yahoo.com

Some other things that also had come up was on the location of the
Business/Populace meetings. There is nothing that says we have to have the
meetings at restaurants. We can have them at people’s homes, but the
problems we run into is that the same people keep volunteering to have them
at their homes, and no one else will offer. If this is something anyone
would like to do, then you can always contact me off list, and I can add
you to the roster of places we can meet. Also if anyone has any suggestions
of places, that has a party room for us to use, that they would like to
suggest then please tell me. I know it gets boring going to the same place
over and over. I am trying to find new venues, but it does a little hard
not really know what everyone will and will not eat. And if I am in a
particular quirky mood, you might just get a place that is Vegetarian with
Hare Krishna’s serving us. I am just saying it could happen. So, just email
me off list if you have any suggestions about other places to eat or
venues. I am here to make it easier on us all to have some quality time
with each other, and have a good time.

We also have some open positions available at this time. I will get the cut
off dates from Katarina, our Seneschal. Just keep in mind that we are
looking for people to fill into these positions.

The positions are:

Historian

Knights Marshal

Minister of Children

Webminister

Also, officers please send in your reports as soon as possible. We also
need to be sending our reports and content for the newsletter. The cutoff
date for submission is the 1st of every month. So please send something in
even if it is that recipe that your nana gave you, or the steps to
resurrect dead people.  It can also be anything on how to pack for an
event, to how to be nice and make sure the person you are driving with is
watered and feed properly. Just remember they are being nice and have your
life in their hands. The worst case scenario is that they hit a really
large Raccoon or a Deer. It has happened before.

So, if you have any questions, concerns, or alibies please contact me off
list at

katharinekavanaugh at yahoo.com

In service to the Barony of Steppes

Lady Katharine Kavanaugh