[Steppes] Populace in the Park

Randy Shipp randyshipp at gmail.com
Mon May 7 21:19:03 PDT 2012

I'd like to add my voice to the chorus of folks who had a really good
time at the Steppes Populace in the Park.  I totally enjoyed my first
time back in armor in quite a while, with really fun bouts against
Honour and others.

As importantly, I was totally jazzed by all the new faces, including
Christene Peabody and her beau, Robert, plus Scott Kimray.  Scott
brought a pretty darned impressive bow made of PVC (!!...and I had it
in my hands fondling it for a good long while without guessing what it
was!) that might be too heavy for combat archery, but I'm interested
to seee how it throws 'em at a target!  Christene didn't let a lack of
loaner garb deter her...she whipped up a pretty good dress in the day
or two before the PiP; that's the spirit!  And Robert grilled skewers
of barbecue chicken, adding some tastiness to the festivities.  I was
impressed by the sense of fun and willingness to dive in exhibited by
these folks.  As Their Excellencies said, I really hope these folks
will be back with us soon and for a long time.

Finally, our Hospitaler, Lor Antigone Fork, deserves wordfame and our
thanks for her enthusiastic work on Sunday.  Thank you, Antigone!

I gotta ask...when's the next one? :-)

--Antoine