[Steppes] Regina List?

Rick Massey seafox at gypsyheir.com
Fri May 18 20:27:16 PDT 2012

One of my projects is to write music for the queens of Ansteorra. My goal is
to have a song for each queen at some point starting with Duchess Julia's
second reign, the first entire reign I was playing.
To this end I need to track down some information -- I need to get a
comprehensive list of the queens, preferably along with the nationality of
their persona, and also indications as to if they are still playing in the
SCA.
I have the following already taken care of -- Julia, (Duchess Julia's
Pavanne) Rowan, (Rowan's Rant) Conall, (Duchess Conall's Reel) Athena, (Hail
Athena!) Regina, (Queen of the Morning Star) and Alicia. (Bonny Queen
Alicia)  I know I have a lot to make up, as I've been away for a bit, but
having some information to start with will make this a lot easier.
Also, any contact information anyone might have for the former queens I've
missed would be great -- I want to find out things like their favorite
period instruments and styles so I can tailor the compositions to their
likes and personalities, but of course within as period a style as possible.
It is my intention to create both performances of the music, as I have
already for the other songs, and also (using some sighted assistance) output
sheet music as well so that others can play the music. (In modern mensural
notation, not neumic notation from period, as neumes are often highly
imprecise and there are few members of the society that can perform the
earlier notation anyway)
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any
assistance anyone might be able to provide.
One more thing -- one of the reasons I'm asking for help in this is that one
of the casualties of my long time away was my sight. (So don't ever leave
the society, because look what happens if you do...) So I can't just read
the documentation unless it's in a digital form, hence my call for
information.

Thanks for your time and any assistance anyone can provide,

In Service and Art

Herr Marcus Il Volpé
(Yes, *that* Marcus)