[Steppes] Warlord XXXIX Thanks

Gary Koehler garylkoehler at yahoo.com
Tue May 29 19:15:00 PDT 2012

Good evening, people of Ansteorra!

Warlord XXXIX has ended, and while it had an unfortunate stumble at one point, I am quite happy overall with how the event ran. I have received an overwhelming amount of positive feedback from our guests, ranging from the planned activities all the way to the surprisingly pleasant weather (we’re letting Baron Duncan have credit for that one).

Naturally, this is all impossible for one person to plan and execute alone – the sheer size of Warlord requires a small army to run. So here now are those who have my thanks for their efforts in this, my first effort as an autocrat:

First and foremost, thank you to Their Majesties, King Hrafn and Queen Elizabeta and Their Excellencies, Baron Duncan and Baroness Genevieve for their support during and after our event’s crisis. Your help and encouragement make me look forward to my next autocrat job, instead of hiding and trying to forget this weekend even happened. ;)

Lady Lyneya, my co-autocrat who did so much more than she admits.
Lady Susan and Baroness Honour for advice and mentoring.
Cent- er, BARON Fiacha, for keeping things under control.
Lady Layla for getting the list fields in order.
HL Katya and Lady Katherine for keeping archery running smoothly.
Lady Micola for handling the insanity of Gate.
Lady Colleen for keeping everyone hydrated.
Lord Antoine for getting the Baronial pavilion online in time for the event, and his wife, Lady Beatrice, for decorating the hall.
Lady Gabrielle for attracting all of the fine merchants to the event.
Lady Emma for media concerns.
Countess Gwen for (once again) filling in for me as Herald, and Earl Lochlan for filling in for Gwen, when her voice gave out. (And also, thank you Lochlan for the tokens – that was a fun evening.)
Sir Domingo for his absolutely delicious Landed Lunch on Saturday (Balsamic pickled eggs? Yes please!), as well as his help on the Baronial pavilion.
Lady Alexandra and Lord Germanicus for youth fighter wrangling.
And thanks to House Whitacer for making me regret not bringing my fighting gear this event. (If you missed the Pas d’armes, you missed quite the show!)

And of course, thank you to my wonderful wife and Seneschal, Lady Katerina for understanding that my mind is about as organized as a raccoon nest, and assisted with so much of the administrative side.

On to Warlord XL (Large and in Charge).
…It’s a working title…

Konrad Nowak
Steppes Warlord XXXIX Autocrat