[Steppes] Dance Master or Mistress Wanted

Rick Massey seafox at gypsyheir.com
Sun Feb 3 10:12:53 PST 2013

As a part of an article I'm working on involving period melody construction
and how it differs from modern melodies I've taken a modern melody and
turned it into a Pavanne.
Pavannes just sound pretty and don't do anything much else unless someone
puts choreography to the tune, so I'm looking for someone who is willing to
choreograph a simple Pavanne in 6/8 time (Perfect Time Lesser Prolation in
period terms) that can be taught in a matter of minutes for use in the
barony and around the kingdom. Number of repetitions isn't an issue, and
it's an 8 bar melody built of two phrases, if that's important. It sounds
good at 60bpm and also at 100bpm, but I haven't tried it at other speeds
yet. The former gives it a very courtly and relaxed feel.
So if anyone is interested in doing this, please contact me. If we work on
it quickly we might be able to present it at Artisan.

In Service,

Herr Marcus Il Volpé