[Steppes] Gulf War camping

vmarsh at twmarsh.net vmarsh at twmarsh.net
Fri Jan 31 09:00:38 PST 2014

Greetings!
If you want to camp with the Barony of Steppes at Gulf Wars, you will
need to pre-register at www.gulfwars.org , then please go to
http://tinyurl.com/kkqmz4u
to register with me, the Land Overseer...I mean Coordinator.

Even if you are camping with the Royals, if you have pre-registered
with "Ansteorra - Barony of the Steppes" as the group you are camping
with, we should be able to get the land allocation of 15 ft x 15 ft for
each person.Please fill out my Google Form at http://tinyurl.com/kkqmz4u
and let me know if you will still be camping with Steppes. I know that
life changed for Their Royal Highnesses and close friends a few weeks
ago.

If you have done all this and have a groundcloth the size of your tent,
please contact me and we will take it with us to war and have it set out
for your arrival.

Baron Llywelyn and I (Mistress Xene), will be arriving on Sunday and
will be pre-treating the site for fire ants, laying out tarps, walkways,
and banners. We would like to ask everyone to bring as many banners that
they can.

We will be bringing a fire extinguisher for the Steppes encampment.
Last year, we did not have enough lighting and it was quite dark. If you
have the proper style of tiki torches, please bring them. It makes the
area much nicer at night as well as safer.

Mistress Xene / Vicki Marsh

 From the Gulf Wars land rules, please note the following:

Fire Safety
King's Arrow Ranch is in a pine forest so the following rules must be
followed carefully:

No ground fires
No open flames in tents
Tiki torches must be staked in a firm and stable fashion. Do not ignore
the extreme danger involved in knocking over a burning torch.
Tiki torches may not be placed in hay bales
No bowl-type Tiki torches allowed; only those with screw-on tops are
permitted.
All camps must have at least one fire extinguisher and buckets of sand
or water near the source of flame.
There must be 10 feet between fire pits and tents.
All tents must be spaced 10 feet apart as a fire break.
Do not leave torches, candles or campfires unattended.
No flammable liquids may be thrown on fires.
In the event of a fire, use extinguishers and immediately send for Gulf
Wars security.
Security patrols are authorized to enter empty camps and extinguish
open or unattended flames.
There are a lot of brush piles and loose tree limbs around. You are
welcome to burn these. But if you move it to your encampment and don't
use it, please return it to where you found it. Also, please share as
there is plenty even if you have to walk down the road. Should site
management or the Autocrat staff determine that further restrictions are
necessary, for any reason, such further restrictions shall be announced
and enforced.