[Steppes] Steppes Archery Practice Nov. 16, 2014 is canceled due to weather conditions:

John Bishop via Steppes steppes at lists.ansteorra.org
Fri Nov 14 09:13:47 PST 2014

 Greetings Lords & Ladies,
Well our nice fall weather did not last very long did it?  I have been watching our forecasts all week and undecided about archery practice as none of our local weather oracles could seem to agree upon just how cold, windy and/or wet it might be this Sunday afternoon.  What they do claim for our Sunday afternoon is low to mid-forties, winds 10-15 mph and 20% chance of some sort of precipitation.  Also there is another cold front predicted to hit the area sometime around Sunday bringing the possibility yet cooler temperatures and snow with it.
OK that tells me our best case scenario will likely be a wind chill around the mid-thirties with a slight chance of getting wet as well.  The 20% chance of rain doesn't concern me as much as the wind chill does, so we are going to chose ere on the side of caution and cancel this Sunday's Steppes Archery Practice.  Trying to improve one's skill while combating a cold damp wind, shivering extremities & chattering teeth wouldn't really help anyone anyway save to catch a cold.  Maybe later some of you will be up for some extreme conditions endurance archery, but not this coming Sunday!
Unfortunately the cold & wind negates our alternative rainy day guild workday on the patio option as well.  I need to find us an indoor location where we can exercise that this winter as well.
So to re-cap, no Steppes Archery Practice this Sunday Nov. 16, 2014 due to possible cold & wet weather conditions!  Furthermore no alternative archery guild patio workshop due to same weather conditions as well.  Hopefully we shall see improved weather for our next scheduled archery practice on December 7, 2014.
See you there!
Regards,
HL William Black Dragon  aka "Ironwyrm"
Steppes Archer & Interim Archery Marshal