[Steppes] Twelfth Night

Todd Marsh via Steppes steppes at lists.ansteorra.org
Fri Jul 17 11:16:51 PDT 2015

I'm considering a bid for Twelfth Night, but we can't plan the event
without a feast steward and a hall steward.

Duties of the Feast Steward

  * Plan the menu.
  * Publish ingredients lists.
  * Set the budget and how much to charge per person.
  * Purchase the food. (a cost advance could be arranged)
  * Document the costs and turn in receipts on the day of the event.
  * Recruit and train cooks and dishwashers.
  * Prepare the food and stage it on the serving tables.
  * See that dishes are washed and the kitchen returned to its original
    state
  * Owns the kitchen all day. Nobody enters without permission.

Duties of the Hall Steward

  * Owns the hall all day.
  * Announcements outside of court
  * Determines where tables and chairs will be placed.
  * Determines where the stage for the thrones will be placed.
  * Recruit and train servers.
  * Serve the food from the serving tables to the guests.
  * Master of Ceremonies during the feast.

Duties of the Event Steward:

  * Arrange for the site
  * Arrange for cooking equipment, tables, chairs, serving trays
  * Recruit setup and cleanup crews
  * Set up tables and chairs
  * Clean the site
  * Recruit gate attendants and document the gate
  * Budget and financial paperwork for the overall event.

Twelfth Night will be January 9th, 2016. If you are interested in either
of these offices, please contact me soon. I'd like to meet at Artisan to
discuss plans.

If I am steward, the site will be First United Methodist Church of Cedar
Hill. This is a dry site. If you want alcohol at Twelfth Night, you will
have to prepare your own bid.

Llywelyn Gruffydd, OL

---