[Steppes] Mushroom inks

suzanna Herbalist via Steppes steppes at lists.ansteorra.org
Sun Nov 27 12:04:33 PST 2016

Puffball I think probably not that permanent  though might be worked up like iron gall ink. Don't think black cohosh would improve the permanence a lot.
Puff balls do NOT in the slightest resemble amanitas. Puff balls are round balls, no stem, no gills. Amanitas are a graceful white gilled mushroom with a nice stem and annular ring around stem. Puff balls are edible when fresh  white when cut open. As they age they yellow  then turn black and either deliquesce or dry out.
Have fun experimentingSuzanna  herbalist Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® 3, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone