[Steppes] Possible Unofficial Gathering

Elizabeth Peters via Steppes steppes at lists.ansteorra.org
Sat Sep 3 18:30:38 PDT 2016

GoodGentles,
I am LadyFionnghuala the Fair.  I have not beenvery active in the SCA or my beloved Barony for a number of years as mundaneconcerns occupied my life.
This post isto see if there is any interest in having a sewing circle/A&S evening at myhome located near Balch Springs.
I used tohost these when I lived in Oak Cliff, usually on a Friday evening.  And we had a good time and made things.  While the initial focus was typically sewing;making garb, sewing machines, techniques, pattern drafting, etc., we also madelargesse at times for both our Barony and the Kingdom as well as site tokens,etc. if needed.
With 12thNight only a few months away, I thought that, to begin with, focusing on attirefor 12th Night might be helpful.

As thepopulace is now, for the most part, located in the northern sector of theBarony, most activities are centered there, as they should be.  However, for some of us living in thesouthern sector, the commute to those activities can be problematic.  So, it occurred to me that a small activityin the southern area could be a good option. Obviously, all would be welcome, no matter where they are based.  I would love to meet new members of theBarony and renew friendships with other members as well.

I need toknow, though, if there is sufficient interest to start such a group.  Please let me know if you would be interestedin attending this type of activity. You can respond via Messaging on FaceBookor through my e-mail: fionnghualathefair at Yahoo.com
Yours inService,LadyFionnghuala the Fair "Nuala" (MKA Elizabeth Peters)Kingdom ofAnsteorra, Barony of the Steppes