[Steppes] insignia request

Karen Calhoun via Steppes steppes at lists.ansteorra.org
Wed Jan 4 13:17:46 PST 2017

As I sort through things and prepare to hand them off this weekend, a need has come to my attention.  Our insignia box has been depleted in a few areas over the years and we are need of assistance, especially in the area of cording.

It was my mission to ensure that awards were given out on some type of hand-made cord rather than ribbon.  We are in need of green and yellow cords for acorns and grices.  We have some to get us through Twelfth Night but the Baron- and Baroness-select will need more for the next event.

Weavers:  Cords should be ¼" wide and as long as you can make them.  They will be cut to size later.
Cord makers (lucet, kumihimo, etc.):  cords should be no narrower than 1/8" and should be sturdy.  Solid colors only. Somewhere between 24"-30" in length.

As always, we need more acorns and grices made.  If you need more information on the specifications for these awards, please contact me or the Baron- or Baroness-select.

Thank you for you generosity over the years.  I know that each of you will continue to support our leadership and the Barony.

Baroness Ekaterina
Barony of the Steppes