[Steppes] Additional Information for the March 25th Concert

Rick Massey via Steppes steppes at lists.ansteorra.org
Mon Mar 20 07:32:11 PDT 2017

(please forward this to Facebook, Elfsea, and the canton lists)
Hello, folks,
Here's a bit of additional information for the upcoming concert at the
Dallas central library.

Checking out Books: For Dallas residents there will be staff on hand to set
up library cards, so if you don't have one you can take care of this there.
For residents of other cities in the area, you'll need to talk to your
library and get a Tex Share card. (This requires that you get a library card
for that local library system in most cases) Tex Share card holders can
check out up to five (5) books from the Dallas collections. Nonresidents of
Dallas can only use the databases while on site, but many of them are
provided by the Texas State Library, so you'll be able to access them
through your local library too.

Parking: The parking garage is accessed through the entrance on Wood street.
Parking is $3 all day. There are elevators to get from the parking garage to
the 4th floor. (though, of course, we're not limited to the 4th floor) Also,
for folks interested in American history, one of the original distributed
copies of the Declaration of Independence is on the 6th floor, and is worth
checking out. (It's one of a very small number that have survived from an
original print run of 200 copies)

Post-concert Consumption: The Oakwood Consort players intend to dine at the
old El Fenix north of the West End after we're done at the library. We'd
love to have you join us. Other than a quick "post mortem" of the concert
we'll be free to socialize.

Hope to hear everyone there on Saturday. We're hoping this can be both a fun
and informative day.

En il Servicio
Herr Marcus il Volpè