[Steppes] Heraldry and Persona class this week

Oakenwald Pursuivant herald at steppes.ansteorra.org
Sun Aug 12 10:43:24 PDT 2018

Greetings to the populace,

Tomorrow night, August 13th, at the Steppes Academy, I am honored to share
my knowledge with you all on the topics of persona and heraldry. I will try
to keep the class as lively and interactive as possible.

One thing that makes the SCA special is that each person is empowered to
portray a persona from a place and time in history. While we will touch on
the administrative procedures for registering name and arms, we will spend
the majority of time discussing some of factors that lead a person toward a
persona, a name and their personal heraldry as well.

If you are new to the SCA, and are interested in learning more and maybe
even going through some exercises to help you narrow down your personal
choices, you will be the star pupils in class.

If you are an SCA player who wishes to show off their heraldry or share
their experience and reasoning behind why they chose their name, persona,
and heraldry, please join us at Steppes Academie on August 13th to give
some ideas to newcomers.

I look forward to seeing folks there.

Duncan Hepburn
local herald dude