[Tempio] Event talk at populace...

Rod Jackson culn97 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 12 01:50:28 PDT 2003

OK, who has the gate list?  I will be there, Netta can be there on Saturday, if they don't change her schedule again.  Kenneth can be there if he doesn't find a job before then.

Please post the gate list as it stands now and maybe I can fill in some of the blanks.

Your servant,

Colin

Christine Grosvenor <rs_teke at yahoo.com> wrote:
People of Tempio! Your Shire needs you! There was
not NEARLY enough people signing up for gate, and as
you can see, there's plenty more that needs to be
done. And the best part is that helping out is fun!
As i see it, you get out of the SCA what you put into
it, and here's an opportunity for another rewarding
experience. And as Draven pointed out at the meeting,
our last event went VERY well, and if we can put on
another fun and relaxing event, we can start
developing the a good reputation for events, makeing
Tempio the pace to be, espicially because of our
centralized location. The number of highly motivated
people in the Shire seems to be dwindling. I
personally challenge the populace to get more
involved, to take a positive and constructive part in
the goup. Everybody can do something to help,
directly, indirectly, big or small. Everything helps,
and every effort counts for something. Even if its
just the satisfaction of knowing you're doing your
part. Lets get excited about this event. Lets get
the juices flowing, and make this thing as fun as we
can, and have fun doing it.

::Renee' gets off the soap box and returns it to the
rental store::

--- Tressa wrote:
> Greetings all:
>
> Yesterday, at populace we discussed various things
> about our upcoming event Samhain Stew, October
> 24-26.
> For all of you who couldn't make it, I thought I'd
> put
> out a plea for assistance.
>
> We have the following things "stewing" :)
> 1. People to sign up for gate.
> 2. Help for set up and take down.
> 3. an extra marshal, 2 list mistresses, and heralds
> 4. Katib (Joe Meek), I'm sure could use some help in
> coordinating the kitchen.
>
> I know we have some wonderful, energetic and
> experienced people in our shire who always rise to
> the
> occasion to help. If you can help out with our
> event,
> please contact Wulfgar, the autocrat or myself as
> the
> co.
>
> Thanks everyone,
> Tressa
>
> =====
> "ll dolce e una durata di passione"

Do, or do not.  There is no try. -- Yoda