[Tempio] Plans for guilds/get togethers...

Tressa tressarhiannon at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 16 16:27:30 PDT 2003

Greetings,

Opps,  your pardon Alden,  I guess my mail did sound
like I was trying to separate things.  I think an
"everything" night is better as well.  I was just
trying to throw out the "themed" ideas I'd been
having. In my enthusiasm, I latched onto the cooking
thing.
Thank you for offering your place and knowledge.  I
have the same desire.  To bring the shire together.

Tressa

--- Paul DeLisle <ferret at hot.rr.com> wrote:
> Hello, all, Alden here...
>
> Umm...who was doing a "cooking guild"?
> If that refers to our offer, perhaps there has been
> some confusion:
>
> We want to do an "everything" night. My Lady and I
> will be happy to cook for
> it, and will gratefully accept any help, monetary or
> otherwise, in the
> kitchen (and be happy to dole out advice, if
> wanted); but the rest of the
> house (including our library, the sewing room, and
> front-and-back yards) is
> for anything else that people want to do/bring/talk
> about. Honestly, it
> seems to us that Tempio is too small a group to be
> splitting ourselves
> here-and-there into one-and-two-person "guilds".
> 200-person Baronies can do
> that, but 20-person Shires can't afford it (IMHO.)
> Therein lies
> isolationism, cliques, factions, and other bad words
> (*G*.)
> Let's all get together, and *share* what we like...
> together.
> That's what we are hoping to achieve at our place!
>
> In Service, I remain
> Alden Pharamond
> Tempio, Ansteorra

=====