[Tempio] Big Demo in Huntsville

Donna Jordan rowanna at hot.rr.com
Fri May 30 20:50:59 PDT 2003

Greetings everyone,

I just got off the phone with Lord Malcom (Shane Wallace) from Ravens
Fort.  This is going to be a fun Demo.  He's promised to get on line and
send us a map with directions for the easiest route possible.

But basically once we get to Hwy I 45 you stay on the feeder road going
south, till you come to FM 1374.
Then you go across the interstate to the north bound lane.  There is a
Dairy Queen, Texaco, you'll see an Exxon station and Hill Crest Ford.
Between the Exxon and Hill Crest Ford is a road called Lake Road.

You turn on Lake Road go about 3 blocks and you'll see Carriage Inn.
Ravens Fort will have out all of their direction signs also.   The phone
number for Carriage Inn is 936-295-0600 if anyone needs directions in
route.

Here's the condensed version of what he had to say (he talked for over
40 minutes).  Everything will be inside except the heavy & light
fighting to be held in the court yard.  There is 1 room 30 x 60 that
will be set aside for A&S.  There is one woman coming who has a 1000 pin
loom, she has spent 3 weeks setting this loom up for the demo.  A second
room 30 x 40 will be set aside for additional A&S, guilds, chain mail,
armor, stained glass displays etc.

There is a circular library for all of the scribes to demo in and any
displays.  If you have framed any of your awards or AOL's and want to
bring them this is where they can be displayed.  At this time the
Southern Regional Scribe is planning to attend.  There are 2 other large
rooms available for SCA use.

Carriage Inn, has a cover car port type area where the lemo's deliver
the quests, they are having a draw bridge built to go in this area.
They have acquired 2 full size formal suits of armor from a museum to be
setup in front of the Baron & Baroness's Viking Tent

The chef's we are being told have researched period foods and have
planned the menu accordingly.  They are also having several Ice
Sculptures delivered from out of state. One is a Swan on a Lake and
another is a set of Dragons in Flight.

There are plans for a Bardic circle to be held as part of a demo and a
throne room will be set up for mock court to be held several times.
There is a professional group that belongs to Ravens Fort and they will
be performing period music, dancing and drumming.

Besides us, people from Boarder March, West Gate, Gates Edge & Star Gate
are also attending along with 20 or more from Ravens Fort.

What to bring?  Feast gear is not a necessary unless you simply want to
set a period table.  Any coat of arms or personal banners are welcome.
Any of our big full size banners are welcome.  I thought the one for the
shire and the kingdom we should take at least.  What you need to do any
demo you plan.

MOSTLY don't treat this one as work, they really want everyone to come
for the fun of it.

I'd like to see us carpool and caravan up as much as possible that would
make it a nice outing and cover us in case anyone has trouble.

Donna