[Tempio] movies

Christine Grosvenor rs_teke at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 13:35:03 PST 2003

I'm not an expert on explosives (but it would be cool
if i was) but i dont *think* they had any gunpowdery
stuff in Europe at the time.  What i heard they DID
have was a form of pitch that behaved a lot like
napalm, that they would dump on people and ignite, or
staurate the ground with and ignite much to the
suprise of invaders that are standing on that patch of
ground. And of course the ignition would ahve been
with flaming arrows.  I would imagine that any large
explosions would likely be from whatever container
they used to store this substance being hit by fire.
I honestly dont think they would have depended on this
stuff a lot tho, or really have stored it in large
quantities in a place where it could be hit by the
attackers own flameing arrows.  But hey, as long as
its not absolutely silly, i wouldnt mind some
explosions in the movie.  I might be totally wrong
tho, so if anyone knows of a documented source of info
about middle ages explosives, i'd be intrested in
takeing a peek.  :)

-Renee'