[Tempio] Event planning meeting update: Posted on behalf of Rowanna

Tressa tressarhiannon at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 22 10:06:46 PDT 2004

Greetings to the Shire of Tempio,

I am sending out this email to everyone because there
are only a couple of weeks before our next populace
meeting.  I wanted to inform the shire as soon as
possible of recent changes to the event plans.  Also,
I have learned that individual phone calls can produce
confusion.
This message is in reqards to our October event.  At
the recent Financial COmmittee meeting, the event
representatives were advised by the balance of the
financial committee members and two guests from the
shire that our ideas for the October event were too
overwhelming for the populace.  I assure you
overwhelming was not our intention.  It was stated
that spending shire money was unwise because of the
possibility of not recovering those funds by breaking
even or making a profit.
After a great deal of debate over the planning
committee's intentions, the financial committee's
proposal with the support of the guests, was that we
limit ourselves to hosting a fighter practice with a
place set aside for anyone who would like to share A&S
skills or work on current projects.  It is also hoped
that people who offered to bring games will still do
so.

Points brought forward by the Financial Committee:
1.  No gate required becasue no site fees would be
charged.
2.  No shire blackstar ad space would be used.
3.  Limited risk of losing shire funds.

Expressed during the meeting was concern that there
would be too much expense for the Tavern and Gambit.
It was suggested that expenditure for the Tavern
should be delayed until the morning of the event.  The
meeting adjorned without a commitment from the
planning representatives to accept all of the requests
for changes and to resubmit a revised event bid.  I
informed thos people present that a response would go
out to the populace once the full planning commitee
had an opportunity to meet.

After a great deal of discussion, the planning
committee proposes to do the following:

1.  We will host a fighter practice, with a campout.
2.  There will be no gate fees charged although a sign
in sheet and waivers for fighting will be required.
We don't want to risk losing track of anyone on that
much acreage.
3.  There will be a Tavern on site to provide meals
for any who wish to partake.  It will be funded by
private funds.
4.  The Gambit challenges will still be completed
using private funds and will be available to everyone
to enjoy at the event.
5.  We will plan for the aforementioned A&S area and
an area for games will be established.  Board games
will be welcome at the Tavern.

The planning commitee believes that this addresses all
concerns brought to our attention.  There is no longer
a need for a bid to be submitted to the financial
committee for approval since there will be no Shire
funds used.  If there are any questions, please feel
free to contact me or any of the members of the
planning committee.

Rowanna
Seneschal of Tempio