[Tempio] Event planning meeting update: Posted on behalf of Rowanna

Christine Grosvenor rs_teke at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 24 11:11:08 PDT 2004

I hate to bring things up after the fact, and its
unfortunate i wasnt able to crash... i mean, attend
the meeting, but it just doesn't seem to be the right
time for the Shire to be this cautious.  Its always
going to take money to make money, and reward doesn't
come without risk.  If the financial comittee finds it
unsafe for the shire to use funds to hold an event at
this time, than when will it ever?  Are we going to
try to hoard what we have, while it slips through our
fingers, being spent on things that have no chance at
all of producing an income?  I'm not suggesting the
shire hold an all or nothing event, but this event bid
sounded like just about everything was free or member
donations except the tavern anyway, which will handle
its own income.  So why not advertise the event and
charge a small gate fee?
  As for advertising in the Blackstar, unless things
have changed, (please tell me if they did) the shire
is allotted two free pages a year.  And also as far i
remember, these pages were not used in the spring, and
they're given on a use it or lose it basis.  So right
there, there is no cost.  Advertising can also be done
extensively online.
   I'm very curious as to what is to be gained from
the Shire holding an elaborate fighter practice.  As i
see it, the Shire had an excellent opportunity to hold
a great event at a low cost, make some money, and show
the rest of the Kingdom that we're still here.  So
whats the deal?
  Not just as an officer, but as a member of the
shire, I'd really like to know that the dollar amount
on the event bid was.  How much is too much for the
financial comittee?

-Lady Renee'
Shire Chronicler

ps - Just to clarify, i'm not sending this e-mail with
any desire whatsoever to incite an explosive arguement
online.  I'm just raising the big "why" question most
of the populace is asking, and has a right to know.  I
understand that I'm not going to change anyones mind,
and i'm not trying to.  I dont know exactly what was
addressed at the meeting, but seeing as this is
something that affects the shire a great deal, i'd
really like to know the juicy details as to why this
particular decision was made.