[Tempio] The October "Non-Event"

Wulfgar wulfgar at hot.rr.com
Wed Aug 25 16:41:07 PDT 2004

If any member of the Shire of Tempio wishes to say, and act as, "We",
I'll gladly stand with them and shoulder whatever burden is required to
help the Shire and any of it's members.  I have done this before, and
will gladly do so again.

To those who wish to stand off to the side and throw stones, I say
"Shame on you!"  There is much to be done, and anyone with a willing
hand and a kind heart will find a way to help, rather than to hinder,
the furtherance of the Shire and it's future.

As for the "Non-Event" to be held October 15 thru 17, this year; well,
we have a really nice site, there are some Shire folk who will give
their all to make it a success, there will be visitors to befriend, and
a good time and fellowship to be had for all.

There were very vocal objections voiced to spending Shire funds for the
"Gambit" (the changeable obstacle course) that will challenge the
physical agility of anyone who wishes to try it. It isn't just for
Chivalric fighters - Light Fighters, Archers, and even those who
normally don't get too physically involved are welcome to demonstrate
their prowess and agility!  OK - this "Gambit" will be built to be used
- and yes, it will be privately funded.

There also were very vocal objections voiced to spending Shire funds on
supplies for the Tavern - but it too, will be made available for those
who wish to partake of it's available fare; again, it will be funded by
a merchant / vendor.

For those who wish to participate in a relaxed, fun and challenging
weekend at a "Non-Event" --- I challenge you to come to the War Camp at
Arrowhead Glen.  Be energetic, or be completely laid back - there will
be activities for all to share in.  Bring your own provisions, or
partake of what is available at the Tavern.  Come to fight, or watch, or
just to nap in the glorious shade of the ancient trees on site!

I hope to see and enjoy the company of each member of the Shire of
Tempio at this really neat and fun weekend.

vr,

Wulfgar