[Tempio] communications

holland.cooley at us.army.mil holland.cooley at us.army.mil
Fri Jan 9 20:30:18 PST 2004

"I talked to Clarissa about some of this and found out that "closed" officer meetings can not be done.  The populace can show up.

 See you all at the officers meeting.

James"

I might have missed it, but I don't recall the meeting as being non populace. I know when it was discussed it was brought up as a working meeting with a bit more structure and work than a populace normally is, but I don't ever recall anyone saying only officers and deputies can be there.

Alasdair

-------------- next part --------------
Draven,
You are no more anal than I.  I went and read all the books of rules and
went " HOLY SHI^ " And promptly tried to let others know there were rules
out there to follow.  Some are resistant to the thought that there are
rules.  But just like any hobby, organization or recreational game, there
are rules in this game.

As for the list, I thought I had put the fences up to mark the boundaries,
(no official business) but I guess I should have put bright orange flags on
the barb wire to make it more visible.

We used to have shire criers, but for various reasons, they gave up after
(on the average) two months.  The expense of being in a volunteer
organizationr is something that most people don't realize and take into
account when they first join.  But, it seems they have money to go to
events, buy a new sword, or whatever neat little piece of equipment they
want to play with.
I have heard that winning Crown Tournament has cost some Crowns over
$7,000.00 out of thier own pocket to fulfill the duties required.  Anyone
who has mailed in reports has probably put thier own stamps on the
envelopes.  Or, maybe they have called thier upline for advice.  All this is
has been out of the person's pocket.  Yes, it is possible to submit request
for reimbursements, as those are SCA related expenses, but no one in this
shire (to my knowledge) has ever done so.

I have read the other emails with the comments about the officer meeting I
didn't know about.  I think they sum it up.  But, I can make it.
As for the notification of populace members, I think it is the seneschal's
duty to make sure that communication happens.  If they want assistance in
getting the word out,  they can ask.  That is what the other officers are
for.  We stepped up to the plate to help run the shire.  We help in
different ways.  Some are abrasive, and some are squishey.  But in the end,
it is the seneschal's job to make sure if any officer isn't doing thier job,
to pick up the pieces and move on.