[Tempio] Yep, you're right again

Lady Liadain ingen Brignagh ladyliadainib at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 08:21:36 PST 2004

Okay, that addresses the issues with Donna.  We need to work on getting her more comfortable with her upline, so to speak.  Undo the damage from previous encounters with people above her. I don't think we need to name names.
Problems; 1) Communication, which you have addressed with constructive ideas.
                2) Lack of participation by the populace as a whole in keeping the Shire alive
                    thru events and activities
                 3) Officers who are too busy to fully commit to their offices even though they
                     might have the best of intentions
                4) Lack of training for populace members to come up and fill positions within
                    the shire or people just simply not wanting to do it
                5) Lack of structure at populace meetings and things just not getting decided
                    in a timely manner because of it
                6) One seneschal doing what is realistically a two person job, seneschal and
                    deputy
                7) A current trend towards infighting and backbiting that could get really ugly.
                    There are factions forming with their own little agendas who are talking to
                    eachother but not to the people they are unhappy with. Let's get things out
                    in the open. If you wouldn't say it to the person's face that you are talking
                    about, don't say it at all.  Play nice.

Okay, that's my take on things, your mileage may vary.  I don't want to see this shire floundering and I don't want to see the uglieness reoccur that I heard about happening in the "previous reign". The last I knew, (and I was there) this was never made a closed meeting.  Just more structured than populace. Once again people are jumping to conclusions.  "Hey, is this supposed to be a closed meeting? Does anyone know?" That would have headed things off at the pass.  If you have something to say, be there tomorrow at Donna's house. Or, make sure someone can represent you or take notes for you.  If you cannot be bothered, don't gripe afterwards.  If you are an officer that cannot make it and don't even attempt some sort of alternative, perhaps you need to look at what you or your office needs to do to accomplish steady input and participation in the shire to support its events and activities.  Hope that helps Rachel.  I am not worried per se about being abrasive, I am worried about
 using a "baseball bat to swat flies" off of my friend's noses. By the way, for those who are unhappy about not being communicated with, please to remember that Yule is an official shire event.  Donna did put it out to all the officers and their deputies in attendance that the meeting would be held.  If you weren't at the official shire event, you could have called someone who did.  Again it comes down to support and attendance at Shire events.  We don't have many of them.  It is one of the reasons we are hurting as a shire.

In Service to the Dreams of Many,
Lady Liadain inghean Brignagh;

   Actually, yes, I have asked if she needed help. When I first moved here in August I volunteered to be her deputy and she told me she wanted to wait on that until January to see who else would volunteer. I can't help if I'm turned down. There have been times when I suggested that she call Clarissa to talk to her when she seemed down about being seneschal but she didn't want to "bother" Clarissa. I can't seem to get through to her that regional and kingdom are there to support and aid her even if all they do is "Go get'm girl!" type stuff. She's very afraid of any contact with her upline officers. I have a big clue where that came from  but the only thing that will solve this little hitch is if she gets to know her regional and kingdom seneschal better.           As for all the rest; you're right. The shire is busy playing "more martyred than thou". I will admit to doing some of this by getting all self righteous and bent out of shape about How Things Are supposed To Be Done. But I
 get really tired of people not knowing the basic rules of the game they're playing. It's like saying you're playing D&D and whipping out the Earthdawn books at the table.
     So. What I am willing to do to change this? Well, I've got free long distance on my cell phone and my minutes are unlimited at night and on the weekends. If we start a phone tree I'll be willing to take responsibility for calling the people in Belton and Killeen.
I'd be willing to start doing presentations at populace on corpora and the other rules.
I'm already looking for other places to meet and maybe I'll luck into a free meeting place for the Shire. Part of what's killing our finances is the $358  we pay for the gober house every year. Also "the problems " is a bit vague. What precisely do you see that you would like to have change? Spell it out for me like I don't know how to read.
    And quit worrying about hacking people off. I don't think anyone here is so sensitive that they'll start crying at a little constructive criticism.
                                                                   -Xanthe

"Love is not love that alters when it alterations finds,
or bends with the remover to remove"