[Tempio] War is upon us

Christine Grosvenor rs_teke at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 08:18:42 PST 2004

Open war is upon you wether you risk it or not!

The Kingdom of Trimaris is once again gathering an
army for the purpose of crushing the good people of
Ansteorra.  Not only do they gather an army, but they
have the audacity to claim that their artisans are
better that ours, and that their people are better
workers than ours!  This, my fellow Ansteorrans, is
something i will not tolerate.  I will meet that army,
and i will protect my Kingdom, or die trying.  Our
army will be outnumbered more than usual this year,
but i will do my part and go out with a fight.

Good people of Tempio, you too, should do what you can
to support not only the King, but the people of the
Kingdom we all share.  It shames me to think that
Trimaris can field a larger army than us, even though
our Kingdom dwarfs theirs in size.  As Ansteorreans,
the Shire of Tempio needs to step up to the challenge.
 Fighters need to cross blades with their enemies.
Consorts need to support their fighters an enable them
to do what is necessary. We all need to go to vote for
the work of our artisans.  And we all need to go and
prove that Ansteorrean volunteers have heart, and the
drive to do what is necessary to keep the dream alive.

People of Tempio, i ask you to come with me to Gulf
Wars this year.  Your Kingdom needs each of you,
wether you realize it or not.  And the best part about
War, is that its fun!  The most fun i've ever had in
the SCA was at War last year, and everything else
since has felt disappointing in comparison.  And just
imagine all the stories you can bring back!  ;)  Do
yourselves a favor and live the Dream.  Go to Gulf
War, and remember why it is you joined the Society in
the first place.

In Service to The Dream,
-Renee