[Tempio] January populace cancelled

rachel luce rachel_luce1975 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 8 12:22:49 PST 2004

   There are  problems with that. Equal access to the list can become an issue if people get into a power struggle. That's why there is a Tempio list on the Ansteorran server. Who has access and why, the condition(s) under which someone can be denied access to the list are strictly spelled out. Plus if you disagree with moderator decisions you can always appeal to Pug or simply change the moderator. Yes, we can change the moderator (s). That's because when an e-list is hosted on the Ansteorran server it is the GROUP's list, Shire of Tempio is the list owner. BUT that's also why they can make us follow Kingdom policy.
    Debbie, no offense but you aren't addressing the real problem, only its symptom. The problem is that not everyone in the Shire has email or internet access. How do we tell those people what's going on when something has to change and its only a day or two away? We tend to use email because it's quick and we can tell at a glance who *should* have gotten the message. I say should because just  because you put an message on the list that doesn't mean I've checked my email in the last two weeks. Unfortunately this leaves the rest of the group out of the loop and can lead to some ugly accussations of deliberatly witholding information to cause problems.
 I don't want to see that develop here. I seriously think that we need to address this issuea at the next populace.
    And Paul, dude, don't use a hammer to remove a fly from your friend's face. (not mine but I wish it was).
                             -Xanthe
Lonewolf25lobo at aol.com wrote:
there is one simple way to fix this problem.  Start a list on yahoo like the one I had or the one Sherri had and that way you can put out anything you want and no one has to worry about breaking the rules or getting the shire into trouble.
                                                                      Debbie