[Tempio] Party

Jan Van Zandt mysticmarks at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 21 15:00:10 PST 2004

Greetings to all from Baroness Janais L'orfevre,

In celebration of my 60th birthday, and in lieu of a Ffynnon Gath Yule, I am
hosting an old-fashioned-SCA-styled/Amazon Household Weekend House Party.
The party will be at the home of Lord Michael of Langley and Lady Anne de
Bicester (Wendell and Laura Collier) at 206 Palm in Spring Branch, Tx. It is
in a subdivision on the north side of Canyon Lake.

The party will be the weekend of December 3-5.  Beginning Friday about 5pm
until Sunday afternoon - come and go or come and stay.  Everyone is invited
- all ages, sizes, shapes and colors.  There is a large garage
workshop/metal shop, some camping space, and limited crash space.  So please
let me know if you wish to crash or camp. 512-357-9910 -please  leave a
message.

This is a BYOEverything party. It is at least 20 miles to the nearest
grocery store or restaurant/fast
food, so bring your bedding, your hobbies, munchies and drinks and all of
your accoutrements.
Garb optional - just be comfortable. Bring your A&S projects/sewing
machines/armour projects/movies(dvd or
vhs/games/music/drums/guitars/fire(unless it is raining),libations,chairs,
tables, etc. and join in the fun. Just don't forget to bring yourself.:)

On Saturday afternoon, there will be a Rhoadd/Amazon Tourney (non-SCA
sanctioned) with HL
Khael Savage in charge. We will have a potluck/barbeque supper on Saturday
evening so bring what you want cooked on the grill and a dish to share.  I
will provide turkeys and a keg of Shiner.  Then there will be a community
breakfast on  Sunday morning. So bring a few chickens and pigs to
throw in the pot.

Directions:

If coming from SanMarcos/Wimberly:  Take RR:12/32 north or south to FM:3424
and turn toward Canyon Lake.  If you are coming from San Marcos turn right.

If you are coming from the Wimberley area turn left. Then turn east (right)
on FM:306 and head west until you get to Eagle Rock Lane (on the left).

If coming from San Antonio: Head north on HWY 281 till you get to FM:306
(there are a couple
of gas stations on the corner) and turn right. Head east on FM:306  till you
get to Eagle Rock Road (6-8 miles). Turn Right on Eagle Rock Road.

If heading from IH 35 S:</b><BR>Take FM:306 north west till you get to Eagle
Rock Lane and turn
left. At least  15-20 miles.  If you come to HWY 281 you've gone about 6-7
miles too far.

Once on Eagle Rock Road:  You will make an immediate turn left and then turn
to the right on
the next road. When you arrive at the first 4-way intersection, take a left
onto TangleWood trail EAST! Follow this road  quite a ways till you get to
Palm (its a loop so if you miss the first entrance on the downward sloped
hill, you can turn at the second entrance in about .1 miles) It is the large
beige two-story house w/large garage. 206 Palm - Look for evidence that
SCAers live there.  :)