[Tir-Medoin] Demo Opprotunity was Fwd: [Ansteorra-announce] Demos needed for Excalibur

Celtic Viking celticviking3 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 08:34:34 PST 2007

its a good faire. get into it.
  fionn

Tressa <tressarhiannon at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Here's a demo opprotunity for us....any thoughts?

Tressa

Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 07:11:29 -0800 (PST)
From: Kasinda
To: ansteorra-announce at ansteorra.org
Subject: [Ansteorra-announce] Demos needed for Excalibur

Calling all demo groups or people just wanting to show the public what the renaissance was really like. Excalibur Fantasy Faire will be starting up on March 10 thru April 8. They would like it if the SCA would have a booth with demos of any kind, come out to the Faire.
Here is an email I received from Terrie at Excalibur: "We would love to have people there doing demo work, and we have space available. We just have to be sure that all demos are cleared with the entertainment director and that we don't have demo booths conflicting with paid performers or have duplications. If you can, please email me the names and email addresses of those who have expressed an interest in being at Excal. I'll contact them via email."

I realize that this is a fantasy faire, but here is a question for you. How can the SCA grow and continue the tradition of teaching, if no one represents us?
I did as much teaching and recruiting as I could via my booth The Briar Patch. But I could only do so much, while running the shop. We really need a booth out there, and the Excal people are very accomadating.

Demo groups interested please contact. Terrie Cooper stargzr12 at austin.rr.com

Lady Kasinda of The Briar Patch

Tir-Medoin mailing list
Tir-Medoin at lists.ansteorra.org

                  http://www.geocities.com/celticdragon3
  dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty things