[Tir-Medoin] Knight School follow-up

Sir Giotto di Giovanni sirgiotto at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 22:06:15 PDT 2007

Another night of Knight School has come and gone.  What a great time we had!!

Five members of the Chivalry did stand as instructors to 17 fighters.
Sir Alexis came all the way from Loch Sollier with one of his students
to help out.  Sir Corwyn and Duke Aaron from Fynnon Gath were a
tremendous addition to our faculty.  Our own Duke Hoegaarden gave the
students several weapons styles to consider.  He also assigned
homework for our next class.

Each of the fighters is to turn in a period name that they have
researched themselves.  This will lead into further work on heraldry
which is something every knight should be familiar with.

Every school must have a staff as well as faculty and students.  Ours
is typical Bryn Gwlad, which means top-notch.  Thanks to Mistress
Saundra, Lord Thomas, Lady Ilaria, Lord Colin, Alec, Ambroglio and
many others I didn't get an opportunity to see.  Please tell me who
else I owe thanks to.

Lessons in organization were taken from the first class and applied.
A suggestion from Colin and Hoegaarden reduced the time fighters had
to wait before getting on the field.  Knights and fighters got more
breaks and were able to give more to each other during their fighting.
 Fight times were shortened to give time for everyone to have time
with all the knights.

Ysvael, Rhys and Liam have been chosen for a special project for the
next class.  These fighters should speak to me in person before then.

The next class will be DECEMBER 11.  Mark your calendars!

Thank you one and all for a great experience,

Giotto

--
We are knights. We are professional killers constrained by a code of
conduct that turns murder into both art and service. -- Duke Cuán