[Tir-Medoin] Gather round and fight with your neighbors

Paul Foster sir.rhodri at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 18:51:17 PST 2008

Greetings all,

It has been a while since we did a rotating fighter practice.  Time to knock
the winter rust off and get back in the swing of things.

Shadowlands will host a Chivalric fighter practice this weekend at 2 PM at
Austins Colony Park in Bryan TX.   I will provide meat to eat.  Bring
anything else you would like with you.

For those who are interested, our new practice site has an archery range and
we now have an authorized archery marshal.  Archery practice is from 12 to 2
PM.  We have a limited amount of loaner gear, so if you have your own bows
and arrows please bring them.

I know our rapier marshal and many others are going to Queens this weekend,
so we should have the fighting areas to ourselves.

The site is Austins Colony Park in Bryan, TX.  While traveling on Highway 6,
exit at Boonville Rd and head East.  (Boonville is South of 190 and North of
30).   At the first light, turn left onto Austins Colony Pky.  The park is a
little over half a mile ahead on your right behind the elementary school.
There is a very small parking lot at the park and we also park in the
elementary school lot.  There will be SCA signs out.

The address for those who wish to map it themselves is 2400 Austin's Colony
Parkway, Bryan, TX

The site has a good size metal pavilion with picnic tables, bathrooms, lots
of open ground, two playgrounds for kids, an archery range and many other
amenities.

Looking forward to crossing swords with everyone again soon.  Please let me
know how many are coming so I know how many cows to butcher.

Thanks

Rhodri
Shadowlands Chivalric Marshal