[Tir-Medoin] Loaner Garb and Info for event was Re: Help with setup on Friday...

Tressa tressarhiannon at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 16:13:31 PST 2009

Unfortunately, we don't have an official "loaner garb"  I can bring a couple of Walt's tunics, but that's about all I can scrape up.  And Walt's might be a little big.  If someone else has some, please bring it.

The following is the info for the event:

The Shire of Tir Medoin
Invites one and all to celebrate grace
and honor in:

Quest for the
Round Table III

January 30th - February 1st , 2009
at
BeltonLakeview Park in Belton, Texas

Remember the days of the legends of King Arthur and the Knights
of the Round Table?  Quests were
undertaken to recover priceless treasurers, to slay the evil and rescue noble
ladies in distress.  Knights of renown
battled for honor and chivalry.  Courtesy
was the theme of the court. Join us in the Quest to relive those glorious
legends.  If you decide to vie for a
place in our Chivalric Tournament you have the challenge of demonstrating the
virtues of Chivalry that we hold so dear to all of our hearts. During the day,
all Ladies are encouraged to attend the Ladies Gallery to shower their tokens
of favor upon the entrants of the Lists. After a day of glorious battle, our Chivalry Court will
bestow glory and treasure among those in our Chivalric competitions who most
personified the virtues of the Knights of the Round Table. In the evening,
there will be a Brewing Display and Competition for the enjoyment of those who
wish to judge in a populace vote.  Feast
will be Potluck, the price a contribution of food or drink.

Location is the Belton Group Use Area at Belton Lakeview Park in Belton, TX.  Site opens at 5pm on Friday and closes at
noon on Sunday.
Fees are $7.00 for adults 18 and up,
11-17 are 4.00, 10 and under are free. Family max is $28.00 and is limited to parents
and children only.
A $3.00 surcharge will apply to non-members,
paying adult site fee.
 Checks should be made payable to SCA Inc.,
Shire of Tir Medoin

Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.  They may also attend with a 21 year or older
adult with a signed and notarized Minor Event Waiver Form from the parents.
Site is wet in period containers.No ground fires or pets. Merchants are
welcome with no fee. Ample camping space is available.  Fires will be allowed in fire pit, barring
county burn ban. Site has flush privies, running water and electricity.

For more information on schedules &
updates, please see our website at
www.tir-medoin.ansteorra.org

Event steward:
Lady Tressa de Crauford
Tracie Lang
2561 Barnhardt Rd #2
Temple, TX  76501
254.421.0087
tressarhiannon at yahoo.com

Directions:From IH 35,
in Belton, TX, take exit 294 (Belton, 6th St.).  Proceed west on 6th Street 0.5
miles to intersection with Hwy 317 (Main St.). Turn north (right). Go 1.5 miles to the
intersection with Hwy 439. Turn west (left) and proceed 2 miles to the site on
the left (just beyond intersection with Hwy 2217).

 Ll dolce e una durata di passione