[Vindheim] The Sanguine Principality of Vindheim

Princess of Vindheim princess at vindheim.ansteorra.org
Mon Nov 14 08:00:00 PST 2022

Greetings, Vindheim! We hope you have all had a chance to look through the
wonderful newsletter that has recently been published. If not - go take a
look! We'll wait...

... <pets the dogs> ...

... It was beautiful, wasn't it?! We love having full page color in the
newsletters. And we love having the ability to write as much as we want -
because there is so much information we want to share with all of you! As
our herald Etienne has mentioned several times over the past few courts,
Vindheim is a new principality that is still in the process of learning who
we are and how we want to present ourselves to the Known World. We have
tried many new things, some of which have not gone so great and some of
which have started to resonate. The honorific 'sanguine' has stuck with
us.  (And isn't it convenient that the College of Heralds are accepting it
as a heraldic tincture now!!?!)

We wanted to provide you with some of the ideas behind the honorific we
have used most recently during our tenure, Sanguine. This honorific is our
favorite because of the multitude of ways in which it reflects Vindheim.
Sanguine means “hopeful”, and we are hopeful for the future of Vindheim and
Ansteorra. Sanguine also can evoke a red color, which is evocative of both
our heraldry, and the red clay so common in these lands. And finally,
Sanguine can mean “bloody”, which is a warning to Ansteorra’s enemies.
Vindheim stands at the front of the Ansteorran Army of Heroes, and is ready
to defend our kingdom.

In the hopeful vein, we would like to announce the creation of two new
principality awards and some updates to others. These new awards were first
bestowed at Eldern Hills’ Samhain event and again at Skoragarrdr's Axeman.
As always, be sure to check the Ansteorran OP for a full listing of the
well-deserving recipients! But also keep a techno-eye on the email list and
Facebook group for listings and pictures of the scrolls!

Pack all your warm things and travel safely to Autumn Melees in
Bordermarch! If you are staying home, keep the fires lit until all of our
travelers are safely home and warm again.

With friendship for all,
Prince Jean Paul and Princess Gilyan
2nd Coronet of Vindheim