WR - P word

Dennis J Dolan djdolan at juno.com
Thu Apr 2 14:51:09 PST 1998

On Thu, 02 Apr 98 09:45:41 PST "Cad and Martha" <cadmartha at drbcom.com>
writes:
>Everybody needs to get the information on what a P can do on it's own.
> Now the hard part about this is just like everything else most of ti
>is in Kingdom law not Corp.  What makes this hard is it isn't in our
>Kingdom law.  So you have to go with what makes sense.  The Prince and
>Princess most likely could give awards from Grants down not peerage.
>Everybody remeber a P is STILL part of the mother kingdom and does not
>mean someone will build the great wall of peanut butter and french
>beard  (old joke ask some of the old farts) to keep you in and others
>out.  This line always seams so far out but that is always somebodies
>reason they are against P.  So if we arew going to talk about this
>lets voice ideas and see what can fly.  I think everyone agrees on
>keeping the WR entact.  In my opion  ---- the only way to ensure that
>is us becoming a P.  Joining with any of the existing regions as they
>stand now will not be good or fair  ( pick your own word) for every
>group inthis region.!
>  The last figures I had the region had the population but just
>barely.  The number of groups is low but this west Texas the number of
>towns is low.  I would like to hear ideas on how we could do this and
>benefit the region as a whole.
>Cad

Cad, remember, P can also stand for Protectorate, such as the
Protectorate of Tharish, which grew up to become the Principality (then
Kingdom) of Drachenwald.  We in the Western Alliance do have some of the
problems (travel times to the Kingdom, travel time between groups) but,
we are also as close or closer to areas in other Kingdoms.  Has the
possiblility of asking Scorpions Hollow (for example) to join a Greater
Western Alliance been thought about?  But, with some notable exemptions,
a Principality is >expected< to grow to a Kingdom, and that is what
should be thought about.  ( As much as I like the folks in Ravens Fort,
it is a 10 hour drive).

Viscount Doran MacCollum, KSCA

To manage a host one must first assign responsibilities to the generals
and their
 assistants, and establish the strengths of ranks and files.....
Chang Yu