WR - Do Rag contest

Lord Larkin O'Kane larkin at webstar.net
Wed Apr 22 12:42:53 PDT 1998

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998 10:30:04 -0500, Chiang <chiang at odsy.net> wrote:

>  I don't expect everyone to participate, and doing it is half the fun. I do have a small mention of something similar in a book on Chinese costumes. I based it on something I saw in a movie only to find out later that I wasn't that far off. I have also found that they make great arming caps under helms, and for those of us light in the hair dept. on the top of our heads, they keep you from burning
your head in the sun.

Heay now, I resemble that remark. After Leipzig the top of my head pealed
like an onion. Couldn't keep that darn straw hat on my head and forgot my
skull-cap [Incidentally, I've got to find documentation for that too. Any
ideas? I know that orthodox Jews wear something similar.]

>  They are easily done and relatively inexpensive even with good quality fabric, taking only a little over, or right at 5/8ths of a yard.

Sounds like a good way to convert some of those loose ends that are just
sitting around taking up space.  I've been meaning to make rapier capes
out of some of them, but I can use more do-rags than capes :)

>  Philippa says that we could have an unofficial display at the Regional A&S. If the Autocrat is willing? I will even find a neat prize for that. The two contest will be separate.

Heck, it might just escalate into an "annual headrag contest." Each
contestant could enter at least one rag. Winner take all.

>  Besides that, Larkin, I did think it was a good way to get me lots of headrags and have some fun at the same time.

Dang tootin'   Wish I had thought of it first.

Larkin      I will not purposly offend anyone in a public forum:
===         If this post offends you, please tell me privately.