WR - Twelfth Night Bardic Competition

leetaharold@odsy.net leetaharold at odyssey.net
Mon Dec 21 17:20:21 PST 1998

The Challenge

LADY KYLEENA OF THE ROM
  Challenges all who would be known for their bardic skills to attend and participate in this years Twelfth Night Bardic Competition. Know ye that there will be  PRIZES in appreciation of your skill and efforts to master this, the greatest of our arts.  Know ye that even if time DOES allow for all three of your competition pieces to be heard, there is plenty of room at the revel for us to bard on into the night!
  So come ye one and all and test your skills, share in the comraderies of your fellows and then let us all feast together.

             The Rules

 IN KEEPING WITH THIS EVENTS THEME PERSONA
PLAY IS DEEMED MOST IMPORTANT:

  Documentation is optional, but extra points will be awarded for it.
In whatever medium you prefer, you must come prepared to perform three pieces:

1. A PERSONA PIECE: as a gypsy, I would perform a gypsy story or sing a gypsy song or recite a gypsy poem ....
2. A HUMEROUS PIECE: your choice of piece, but there are more points to be made if you perform it in persona....
3. A PIECE OF YOUR KINGDOM: immortalize any thing, event, deed, or person of your kingdom as you see fit - again, persona is a plus in your performance.
   *Also, fighters, cooks, merchants and any who need special consideration to be able to compete need only contact me at my merchant booth prior to competition...
       To phone Autocrat (806) 792-1522 or e-mail at Arianwen at cheerful.com
Twelfth Night to be held January 22, 1999 @ the South Plains Fairgrounds Lubbock, Tx. Bardic is slated to begin at 3:00pm.