WR - The War!

Dennis J Dolan djdolan at juno.com
Wed Mar 18 13:32:54 PST 1998

Aaron and Brita wrote:  (No <snips>, it bears repeating)

>Greetings!
>
>War went great!  Everyone can be very proud of their Region.  We
>fielded
>
>                                29 FIGHTERS!!!!!!!!
>
>Not only did we fielded a good sized unit, we fought well.  In the
>first open field battle, the Western Region was given the responsibility
of
>getting  into the back field of our enemies and causing as much havoc
>as possible  ...  AND we sure did.  We took out most of their archers
and
>ended up back behind their entire army!  Unfortunatly, Ansteorra still
lost
>that engagement.  HOWEVER, in the next two battles, Ansteorra wiped our
>enemies off the field and took the open field war point!
>It felt great to honor the memories of Sir Ricardo with our victory.
>Now, the day before the battles, there were 3 heavy tournaments.  Our
>very own Baron Drake, who fought in all three (Trimarian speed, Ladies
of
>the Rose, and Ansteorra torch light), won the first two.  VIVAT DRAKE!
>And Daniel, of Adlersruhe, made it to the semi-finals.  WAY TO GO!!
Aaron
>and I had previous engagements and were only able to fight in the
Ansteorran
>list, which Aaron won.  And he did it fighting with a glaive!?!?  (It
was a
>shieldless tournament, and Aaron had borrowed the glaive from a knight
>(from the Kingdom of the West) and ended up killing the knight with his
own
>weapon in the finals).
>        So, the Western Region won all the heavy tournaments!!
>After the battles on Friday, the Champions Battle was held.  Drake and
>Aaron both were chosen by our King for fight for him and both were
>victorious!!
>Romanus  was also chosen and won, and he was also made a Centurian the
>following day!!  Ansteorra also won the Champions Battle.
>Saturday, we lost the three fort battles.  Although our region fought
>hard and killed many, the enemy outnumbered us and poured into the fort
>like ants, and our warriors fought and died with honor for our beloved
>Kingdom of Ansteorra.  Then in the resurrection battle, the Western
Region was
>commanded to run to the center flag and take possession of it first,
>which we successfully did, even though our numbers had dropped to only
14
>fighters.  Once again that day, Ansteorra fell to their ememies.
>After all the points were counted, the war was a tie, again.
>
>We would like to thank everyone who attended and helped with the war
>and war preparation.  Vivat to every fighter!!  Aaron and I are very
proud of
>each of you and your dedication and sacrifice.  You were outstanding!!
>Well done!!
>
>I'm still tired .. so more later ...  have demo tonight ...
>

>Vivat Ansteorra and the Western Region!!
>
>Brita and Aaron

Way to go folks, now, however, it is time to start getting ready for NEXT
year, Aaron and Brita what was done soooooo well, you would like everyone
to know? and you **29** (I will  like that number until next year when it
will be more) others, what went well?

What went wrong?  No, not the 'Snuffy should have gone there and done
this' sort of stuff, but rather, were the commands easy to understand?,
was everyone comfortable with them?  Could they be heard in the din of
combat?

This is of course a request for an AAR (After Action Review) for lessons
learned and how to improve the unit and command structure.

Here's hoping for 50 next year,

Sir doran