WR - A Crown, a crown, my "job" for a crown

Lord Larkin O'Kane larkin at webstar.net
Thu Mar 19 17:57:25 PST 1998

Hi folks. Larkin here.  Can anyone help this lady?

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998 19:14:41 -0600, Lana Hall <lana at arn.net> wrote:

Larkin, I am not sure if you remember me.  I am Maughm, mother of
Ophelia, the Bawdy/Body (I was never sure which) Bard.  I am in need of
assistance from the good gentles of  SCA.  I am a teacher, and directing
the play Hamlet for our UIL contest.  After doing research, we decided to
use late Anglo-Saxon costuming and I need crowns for the King and Queen.
We would like to use just the plain gold rings, like those we see so
frequently at events.  Unfortunately all the places we have contacted
have the fancy crowns closer to the Elizabethan era.  Could you please
put out a plea to all who are close to the Amarillo/Lubbock area to
contact me (lana at arn.net) if they know where crowns of this type may be
obtained....either to rent, borrow, buy, or have made.  I will be
grateful for any help.

My greetings to you and your lady, and I hope to be able to attend an
event soon.

Sincerely,
Maughm/Lana Hall

Larkin      I will not purposly offend anyone in a public forum:
===         If this post offends you, please tell me privately.