WR - Herald's Office Required?

Jan Van Zandt mysticmarks at hotmail.com
Wed May 6 12:48:18 PDT 1998

>To: western at Ansteorra.ORG
>Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 12:17:34 -0500
>Subject: Re: WR - Herald's Office Required?
>From: djdolan at juno.com (Dennis J Dolan)
>

>On Mon, 04 May 1998 14:37:13 GMT larkin at webstar.net (HL Larkin O'Kane)
>writes:
>>On Mon, 04 May 1998 01:48:06 CDT, "Jan Van Zandt"
>><mysticmarks at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>wow, I forgot to sign,  I must be blonde
>>>
>>>In service H.Lady Jan of Ffynnon Gath
>>
>>Speaking of blondes reminds me.  How is Regina?  Haven't heard a word
>>from her since "I don't know when."  We were remembering her last
>>Thursday. Martha told the story of she, Jason, the Policeman and
>>"Hobbs
>>America. "
>>

>>Larkin O'Kane     I will not purposly offend anyone in a public forum:
>>CSM, AoO          If this post offends you, please tell me privately.
>>
>Alright Larkin, drop the other shoe........ what about Regina, Jason,
the
>Pokicemand and "Hobbs America"?
>
>Sir Doran

tasks.

Sir Doran,  May I relate the Regina story to you... I am Regina's
mundane sister ( we have the same parents - both of them). She would be
sure to point out that I am the older sister.
  About 12 years ago, Regina, in all her  Mongolian garb( which was a
bit more on the wild side then and included a headpiece named George -
which is another story in itself) was on her way from the Outlands
(Hobbs, N.M.) to an event in Bonwicke.  She was traveling with a young
man who was dressed, literally, in a bunny fur and shackled in chains.
They were doing the personna thing and traveling in garb. Somewhere
along the way Regina got lost and somehow she managed to make a
left-hand turn from a right-hand lane right in front of a policeman.
(Being profoundly dyslexic, she gets lost a lot.) Having recently moved
from Ca., she did the Ca. thing when she was stopped - she immediately
got out of the truck and went to meet the policeman.  In Texas, they
prefer that you stay in your vehicle with your hands on the wheel until
they approach you.  So there she stands with George on her head - horns
and all- leather, bells, fur, knives and hatchets, etc. tucked
everywhere on her person.  She said the man never raised an eyebrow; he
asked for her license and explained why he had stopped her.  She told
him she was lost, etc. and he said he would give her a warning but he
needed to see her proof of insurance.  She told Jason - who was still in
the truck - to get the papers from the glove box - which he did.  Then
he opened the door, papers in hand, fell at her feet begging not to be
beat and making promises to be soooooo good, and calling her Ladymother.
Regina said the policeman never acted like anything was wrong.  He
checked the papers, handed them back to her, gave her the warning and
got in his car.  Then as she was driving away (threatening Jason with
his very life for his little stunt), the siren and the overheads came on
and he stopped her again.  She said she just knew they were going to
jail.  The policeman walked up to the truck and said something to the
effect that he couldn't stand it; he had to know
 what were they doing dressed like that.  I think at that point Regina
went into her always and forever hospitalar mode and told him all about
the SCA.  To this day, she still travels in garb.

In Service, I am........H.Lady Jan  Ffynnon Gath

You wouldn't believe the messes that woman can get into,  or maybe you
would.