WR - Herald's Office Required?

Sinclair jeffdp at earthlink.net
Wed May 6 19:53:17 PDT 1998

Larkin,
     After much thought on whether or not we need heralds for anything
other than field and court, I can come up with no good reason why a group
below a barony actually needs a herald.  Most locals do not submit devices,
and it seems to be common wherever you go that people who like doing field
heraldry volunteer to help.
	I see no reason to move it under another office, however.  The arts and
sciences seem an obvious choice, (For 'book heraldry') but what percentage
of people actually try to submit devices, or, if once rejected, submit
again?
	So, keep it required for baronies, and a voluntary one for smaller group.

Baron Lachlan Sinclair Dumas, CP