WR - Marriage

knotwork at juno.com knotwork at juno.com
Tue Nov 17 10:28:32 PST 1998

Samuel,

This one is easy.  The only thing more certain and permanent than a man's
lack of good sense in the presence of a woman is a woman's plentitude of
same.  Her presence to keep him from making those bad business deals will
prove its permanent _cash_ value over time.

As there is concrete profit in Lady Rosina's (yes, she is now a Lady!)
good sense, I suggested that Lord James (him, too!) offer something of a
more tangible nature than that he loses the ability to think in her
presence!  An offer of livestock, jewels and gold, rich fabrics, spices,
and imported wares might help her family through the trauma of losing
their beloved Rosina.  Unless James is more forthcoming in his generosity
to his bride's family, it is possible that this match might not be made
at all!

Joanna