WR - Upcoming events

knotwork at juno.com knotwork at juno.com
Thu Oct 1 09:58:56 PDT 1998

Dear Doran,

Unfortunately, the powers that be at our renfair are an "artsy-fartsy"
bunch who feel the need to have EVERYTHING choreographed.  I am sure we
could have had a demo area if we had acted soon enough, but the major
"players" have to try out and attend rehersals for months before the
faire.  There will be fighting, jousting and dancing, but the SCA is not
a formal part of it.  My merchanting tent has been the unofficial SCA
hangout for several years, and you are welcome to visit me.  Despite the
fact that we are not officially part of this faire, folks in garb are
welcome and there is still a lot of fun to have.  Since it isn't far, you
might enjoy it.  If it is held next year, I hope to help with the
planning so we can participate and still fit in with their requirements.

Please plan to spend a day with us.  I would love to see you all!

Joanna