WR - Re: Introductions

Kim Tucker neassa at swbell.net
Thu Oct 1 17:13:42 PDT 1998

Hi, Larkin and the Western Region,

I'm still here! We're just awfully busy here in Stargate this time of
the year. We had our own Baronial Championship in the middle of Tropical
Storm Francis and we've been running around to our neighbors
championships as well. (Okay, so I went to Wiesenfeuer and missed
Raven's Fort... I think of everybody as my neighbor.)

This weekend (October 3rd and 4th) the Texas Renaissance Festival
starts. Stargate is the sponsoring group for the SCA participation for
this weekend, and we have lots to do for that yet. Stargate (and the
surrounding areas) usually get several new members from TRF, and I've
been busy arranging meeting rooms at various Houston Public Libraries
for newcomer meetings. You can call the library to see if their room is
available, but you have to go there in person and sign a paper to book
it. Now I have to send all of the information to my hospitaler who is
putting together a handout for the Festival. By the way, there is also a
handout (different one I think, but it may be the same) that is given
to  interested people at the Festival that contains contact information
for each group in the Kingdom, and also a contact for each of the other
Kingdoms. Maybe I can recruit you guys some new members this weekend.

Michael will be playing with Master Avatar's group, Istanpita, this
year, so he won't get to travel much. I haven't been to the Western
Region since Octavian, and I'm missing seeing my friends there, and also
that great West Texas sky. We don't see stars like that here in Houston.

Well, I've got to get to work.

Love,
Neassa