WR - Mahon Library Demo

Lael Portwood rlportwood at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 28 19:36:07 PDT 1999

Greetings!

Wonderful news!  We have been asked to participate in the "Raising A
Reader Book Festival" at Mahon Library this Saturday (May 1st) from
11:00 am to 4:00 pm.  This is a very high profile event for Lubbock and
therefore, for us.  Put on your best garb and best persona.  If there is
a medieval craft that you do, please bring your project with you and
work on it during the demo.  You will be able to talk about what you do
and how you do it to a whole lot of kids and parents.  Also, you might
think about being willing to let the kids do a little "hands-on"
themselves.  And, of course, being that this is a festival of reading,
discuss books that you have learned out of.  Also, if you would be
interested in teaching a class in your craft, PLEASE do so!  It would be
greatly appreciated.  Just remember that you will be teaching mundanes
also.  Make sure that what ever you are teaching doesn't require a heat
source.

We will also need fighters because we are going to do "Fight-a-Knight".
This part is very important.  There is supposed to be a lot of media out
there and as we all know, this is a real "camera grabber".

AND

Afterwards, Maximillian and Anastasiya are having a revel at their
house.  Dinner will be pot-luck.  Meat will be provided.  If your
mundane name starts with A-H, please bring a vegetable; I-P, please
bring bread or chips; and Q-Z, please bring a dessert or drinks.

If weather permits, a very LARGE bonfire, 10-feet tall and growing, will
be lit.  Max's bonfires are always good.  Crash space is available and
if the weather is good there will be plenty of tent space.

If you need directions to the library please e-mail me.  If you need
directions to Max's and Ann's, e-mail them (Milliron1 at juno.com).

In Service,

Ascelyn