WR - Shakepearian Demo -need help please

Marcus Hite mbhite at arn.net
Sun Aug 8 12:42:31 PDT 1999

Shakespear in the Park
Put on by Stage Right

      For the third year running a  theater group in Amarillo, TX will
be having an all day Shakespearian experience. August 21st from noon
until 7:30pm they are hosting a day in the life of Shakespear to be
followed by one of his plays starting at 8:00pm.

They have several reinactment groups participating along with the SCA
group in the Shire of Adlersruhe.  Our Shire will be hosting a light
tourney (Single Elimination) starting at 1:00pm and a heavy tourney
starting at 4:00pm.  This is open to the general public as an
educational experience and we have been asked to have anyone interested
in teaching how life was then to please do so throughout the day.

    They are allowing merchants to set up their wares, taverns are
required to have health permits by the city.  Please contact Leslie with
Stage Right 806 356 7626 for space reservations or contact Marquet or
Kate at 806 379 6798 for more input and to let us know if you will
attend.
The site is Sam Houston Park in Amarillo, TX on the corner of Western
St. and Line Ave.  Take your best route to I40 West get off at the
Western Street Exit turn north and go about a mile.  The park is on the
east side of the street next to a school and has an outdoor stage.  We
should be visible from Western Street, parking space is on Line Ave.,
between the park and the school.

Warning:  There is heavy construction at the junction of I40 and I27
complete with detours, be cautious.

If you are free and able to travel on Aug 21st weekend, please plan to
come to this demo and support the Shire of Adlersruhe, and  Western
Region. Fun will be had by all, and in time it is our  hope this event
will grow to become a ren-fair or ren-fair size.

May we meet on the fied as friends,
Marquet de la Heyt
Cadet to Don Donovan
mbhite at arn.net