WR - Possible New Policy

Roberta Starkey rstarkey at camalott.com
Fri Dec 17 07:14:31 PST 1999

I submit a copy of my KM report to my local seneschale already.  Such a
policy lets someone else in the local group know if the officer is or is
not reporting before it gets to the point of disolving the shire.  It is
not much trouble to email a copy of my report to both the region and the
seneschale.  And in those long ago days BC (before computers), it still was
just not that much trouble to make up a second report.  I was a local
seneschale for 3 years in Meridies, and one of the things that I kept track
of was that everyone's report was sent in.  Of course, it makes at least 2
persons in the group that know that the reports are not going in.  There is
no backcheck on the seneschale in the local group, but you just can't have
everything.

But what if they don't have email?  Public library and Juno or hotmail or
yahoo or any of the free emails just to do the report.  Not even a stamp.

Will the required reporting to the local seneshale solve the problem?  Not
completely.  Sending a copy to the local does not guarentee that a copy
actually got to the regional, but when the seneschale gets called, s/he can
at least send all the missing reports up so the group is not dissolved.

Will it causing more trouble for our hardworking seneschals or will we be
helping them by doing this?   It's not that much more trouble, and does
give them warning before being blindsided by Region that the reports are
not going in.

I'd be interested to hear of other options, as since this one works I
haven't explored any others.

Ryah