WR - WAR!!

Michael and Tiffany Geisendorff crator at mail.swbell.net
Wed Jan 6 21:11:43 PST 1999

> > Question:     When the 'Advance' command is given, the unit should run
>          forward until spear range is obtained, then, slow down to meet the
>          enemy's shield wall.

> Umm...one more point...."Advance" doesn't mean "run" *anywhere*....You
> advance at a steady pace (the cadence possibly being called by your
> commander.)
> As opposed to "Charge"...which *does* mean "Run"!
>
> Alden

Very good!  Thanks Lakin and Alden for your answers.
There are four main points I wanted to make with this statement:

1)  Advance means to walk forward. (NOT RUN!)
2)  "Dress the line."  Do not lose unit cohesion.
3)  Do NOT slow down
4)  Engage, but keep on going completely through the opponents' line

Also, after the unit goes through the line, a REFORM command will usually be
given.
The first unit to reform is usually the one that will win the engagement.
This particular tactic serves to create chaos within the enemy ranks.
Kill, if the opportunity presents itself, BUT only if you are 95% sure you can
throw the shot (kill or not) and stay alive.

Brita