WR - Fighter Practice in Blacklake

Eugene Taylor ceawlin at flash.net
Thu Jul 1 13:36:21 PDT 1999

Okay, time to eat my words....

Paul and Trixie DeLisle wrote:

> In regards to having regional fighter practices that rotated around from
> shire to barony to shire...
>
> Stephen and Kay Oyler wrote:
> > Abilene would be nice too!
>
>   Well, sorry to be a party-pooper, but Abilene is technically in the
>   central region, not the western region.
>   Maybe we should annex them?  They seem to come to most of our events...
>         Ceawlin Silvertongue
>         KM of Trelac
>
> Um...*Excuse* me, but if we are in the Central region, don't you think
> someone would have *told* us? (*grin*) Trust me...unless they divided the
> borders in the last week, we are still part of the Western Region, and
> likely to remain so... *grin* check with yer seneschal; I think Gavin will
> vouch for us...
>
> In Service, I remain
> Alden Pharamond (former Western Regional Seneschal)
> Mendersham, Ansteorra (Abilene, TX)

I just looked in the Blackstar, and Lo and Behold!  You're right!
Someone needs to change the map picture at
"http://www.ansteorra.org/graphics/map.gif" then, because it clearly
shows Mendersham within the confines of the Central Region (that's what
I get for trusting the web site!).

Ceawlin Silvertongue

Then again, how far/long of a drive is it from Abilene to Big Spring,
anyway?