WR -Regional Fighter/Other Sessions of learning

Marcus Hite mbhite at arn.net
Sat Jul 3 21:14:42 PDT 1999

> <big snip>
> However, if we, as a region, are determined to have fun practicing
> together to build our own personal, as well as regional skills in any
> field, it MUST be obtainable to everyone on a REGULAR basis.  Aaron and I
> believe that the practices must be more centrally located.  We suggest
> that practices be held on Sunday afternoons (to allow those who are
> attending an event the opportunity to still attend the practice) and from
> noon to 5 pm (so everyone has reasonable time to travel there and home).
> As for location, in old numbered months (Jan, March, ...) they could be
> held in Bonwicke and practices in even months be held in Crossroads Keep.

<More snipped>

This sounds well thought out to me, and reasonable. However;

here's  ANOTHER IDEA:
If there is an event in the region, there should not be a regional practice that
month....the event would be the practice for that month.  If the region is going to
start working together and supporting each other we need to support activities
already on the calender.    The months that there is  nothing else going on in the
region the practices could rotate between Bonwicke and Crossroads Keep.  IMHO one
regional gathering/event/practice/what_ever a month should be enough, anything else
seems like over kill, especially to those traveling to events/practices in other
regions.

I always try to travel and attend as many regional practices/events as I can; but
for those who can't travel,  a monthly regional practice  will pull away some of
their groups fighters and leave them with few to no fighters at  their local
practice once a month.   I am in favor of  the practices but one a month every
month, plus regional events, plus other events is going to burn everyone out very
fast and then we'll be shrinking not growing............

May we meet on the field as friends,
Marquet de la Heyt
Cadet to Don Donovan
Shire of Adlersruhe