WR - XXth Event

Tiffany M Geisendorff thebrutely1 at juno.com
Thu Jul 15 23:03:14 PDT 1999

	Ansteorra's 20th birthday was a grand and glorious occasion.  Over 1,500
proud Ansteorrans met together that fine weekend to share so many
cherished moments.  My smalls and I started by attending the youth boffer
demo, where my son donned his armor and engaged his first honorable
opponent in the art of Chivalric combat.  And to my surprise, with sword
and shield in hand, defense and movement was he plan.  (really, I don't
know who he got that from ;-)
	It was then that my daughter caught sight of the beautiful horses.  Upon
the Equestrian Field, the voice of HL Larkin announced many a Lord and
Lady as they rode their gallant, and well-dress steed, demonstrating such
skills, pageantry, and horsemanship that I have rarely seen.
	At the second torchlight tournament, 46 fighters entered the Chivalric
list and among  them were 8 great fighters from our beloved Western
Region.  Many good fighters died upon that field of darkness, but Gustov,
from Bonwicke, shined gloriously that night.  He went victorious into the
final round against his Grace Duke Kein, where he fell to the ground
defeated.
	The day of Saturday was much of a blur, with fighting at the great
barrier wall, the stepping down of their Excellencies, Gunther and Sara,
and the Coronation of their Majesties, Daffyd and Octavia.  Yet, one of
the greatest moments of them all was when the tale of Octavia's life was
spoken for all to hear.  The well spoken herald told the tell that made
your heart swell and to complete his preparation of her way to the throne
of mighty Ansteorra, the words he spoke resounded boldly throughout the
hall ,  "...a Princess,   the beautiful,   wise        O C T A V I A!"
The chills of that moment ware only matched one other time that evening.
As darkness fell, colorful lights filled the sky.  After thirty minutes
of spender, a glorious Ansteorran Star was brilliantly lit, while a grand
finaly shot into the air.  The overwhelming feeling of Ansteorran Pride
swept over the crowd and cheers of jubilee sounded throughout the
encampment.  Thus, making that day one that will forever be remembered.
	As morning dawned, the final Chivalric tournament took place, King's
Champion.  Honorable fighters took the field to display their skill,
courage, and devotion.  Once again, several of those great fighters were
from our western edge.  They all fought well.  Curnan, Daniel, and I all
made it to at least the fifth round.  However, in the end, all but one
must fall. Yet, once again, stood Gustov to fight the final bout.  As
fate would have it, he was defeated, but not without showing what great
fighters lay hidden out here in the west.

VIVAT ANSTEORRA!!

Brita