WR - War Conventions

Tiffany M Geisendorff thebrutely1 at juno.com
Sat Jun 19 11:01:11 PDT 1999

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 21:24:02 -0500 Dennis J Dolan <djdolan at juno.com>
writes:
>Hi there folks......everyone getting ready for ATYC?  How about Gulf?
>Well good, 'cause I got a question.
>
>Your unit has trained real hard all year, you've got C3 (command,
>control and communication) down pat, AND you have been recognized as a
>fine elite unit.  So, there you are in the field battle, you have done
>your flank manuever and have crossed the "T" and are on the verge of
>rolling up that flank just as pretty as you please.
>
>			(
>			( _
>			(
>			(_
>		A	(_	B
>	_________________________
>	X	X	X	X	X
>
>Now our folks in the A part of the line can engage as much as their
>eager little hearts desire, but, the question is, what about those in
>the B portion of the line?  The line is engaged, but remember there is
>no hitting from the rear.
>What is the B portion of the line to do?    (Remember, stay together
>as a unit)
>
>Sir Doran
>
>Generally, in battle, use the normal force to engage: use the
>extraordinary to win.   Sun Tzu

	I would have to say that I would have these troops engage with the
backfield of the opponents, i.e. the polearms, flourentiners, and
archers. If no such backfield exists, foul the opponents weapons and
shields, crowd them so they start to panic and make their field of vision
less, make them claustrophobic. If the troops in line B foul the weapons
and shields of the line that is being folded, it makes it soooooo much
easier for line A to hit them and dispatch them as needed. Some may even
yield rather than be rolled like this.  Make them turn to face the unit
B, then they are being attacked from two sides.  Just make life that much
more difficult for them. Push them out of line, move their position. Make
it to where they cannot maintain unit cohesion. Make it to where their
shieldman cannot cover each other.

I hope this is what you were looking for, if not, I'm all ears :-)

Sir Aaron