WR - Re: SR - Arrow vote?

Dennis Grace sirlyonel at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 16 09:59:33 PST 1999

Salut Cozyns,

Lyonel aisai.

HL Gilbert says:

>Ok folks, here's your chance to make up my mind because at this point I
can
>go either way and be happy about it.  But, I'd like to know what that
>portion of the Kingdom on this list would like.

Uh...why?  I mean, I could understand this sort of posting if someone
was complaining about the arrows, but no such thing occured.  Your
vehicle broke down.  Several people offered to help.  You posted a
letter taking them to task.

>For the next 48 hrs. I will be taking a poll on weather or not to take
>loaner combat arrows to the next war.  I will post the results by 7PM
on the
>17th.  And the results is what I'll do.

Again, why?  These lists represent only one quarter of the populace of
Ansteorra and Lord knows what portion of the archers.  Why let this
little crowd make the decision?

>Only one vote per e-mail address please.  If there are more than one
person
>there, please get a concensus.
>
>Yes, bring them.
>
>No, do not bring them.

I will not take part in this vote, nor would I advise any of my cozyns
to do so.

Do what you want to do, Gilbert.  If the arrows are your property, only
you can decide what to do with them.  If you bought the materials and
did all the construction work, you're the only one who can decide
whether to bring them or leave them behind.

Yes, of course we'd like to have a thousand arrows for the war effort.
No, we will not win or lose solely on your arrows.  Bring them and enjoy
the gratitude of your kingdom.  Don't bring them and enjoy a respite
from fletching and taping.

As you can see by Gunnora's posting, many people have been grateful for
the arrows in the past.  I was grateful for them at the last war, and I
never fired a bow.  I'm sure the same is true of most of our comrades.
I'm guessing quite a few would be grateful in the future.
Unfortunately, that's about all I can promise you: gratitude.

So tell us, Gilli, what was the point of this little exercise?

lo vostre por vos servir
Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace